Environmental Partners Group is seeking a Traffic Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience to join our growing Transportation Division.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Prepare traffic studies and evaluations for transportation improvement projects and private development projects. Work includes operational and safety analysis, report writing and preparing appropriate graphics.
- Assist in peer reviews, reviewing reports and analyses by other firms for accuracy and thoroughness and documenting findings.
- Assist in preparing traffic plans using AutoCAD including traffic signal layout, signs and pavement markings in accordance with federal and state design standards and guidelines.
- Traffic management for transportation projects and utility projects.
- Involvement in pavement, sidewalk and sign GIS-based asset management programs for municipal clients including report preparation and preparation of Capital Improvement Plans for federal and state standards and guidelines including ADA compliance.
- Evaluations of Complete Streets accommodations and prepare prioritized plans for needed improvements.
Must have a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Transportation or Civil Engineering with at least 5 years of relevant traffic experience and must be proficient in traffic software including Synchro as well as AutoCAD. Preference will be made for individuals who have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam with ambitions towards a Professional Engineer registration.
Individual must be motivated with a desire for both personal growth and firm growth, capable of multi-tasking in a variety of projects, and work well in a team atmosphere. Excellent communication and technical writing skills are required.