Project Engineer & Senior Project Engineer
Discipline Focus: water and wastewater engineering, studies, field work, design, permitting, construction phase services.
Move your career forward at our well respected and award winning Boston area firm where career development, training, and mentoring co-exist with diverse civil and environmental projects in a fast-paced, challenging work environment. We're hiring all levels of talented staff for both our Quincy and Woburn, MA offices.
Some of the things you will be doing:
Senior Project Engineer:
- Write and prepare reports, plans, specifications, permit applications, technical memoranda and meeting minutes.
- Prepare project scopes and budgets for new work and track budgets on existing projects as part of the project management team.
- Independently or as part of a project team, make or participate in presentations relating to marketing, client management, technical concerns or specific project related meeting.
- Use your experience and knowledge to manage and direct junior staff on various design and construction projects emphasizing design proficiency, accuracy, timeliness and client satisfaction.
- Participate in or oversee the management of construction projects including: review shop drawings; prepare responses to RFIs and Proposed Change Orders; make observations of the construction progress; coordinate and attend construction progress meetings; prepare meeting minutes and field trip reports; assist with equipment start-up, testing, and training; and, prepare SOPs and O&M manuals.
- Prepare technical papers for publication at professional association conferences.
- Support the growth and development of junior staff.
- Expand existing client relationships and identify and develop new clients.
- Coordinate field data collection efforts including water quality sampling, survey using GIS and traditional survey equipment, report review, subsurface/geologic investigations, and interviews/discussions with clients.
- Prepare design calculations, plans, and specificationsfor wastewater collection, water distribution systems, stormwater drainage, wastewater and drinking water treatment facilities, groundwater pumping stations, and water storage tanks under the direction of Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Engineer.
- Use AutoCAD to support design drawings for water, SCADA, wastewater, and stormwater projects.
- Prepare documents for public bidding for water, wastewater, or stormwater projects with support from Project Manager or working independently.
- Complete hydraulic evaluations of water distribution and wastewater collection systems using hydraulic modeling, prepare system mapping, and participate in master planning.
- Prepare state and/or local permits (i.e. Department of Environmental Protection, MEPA, or local Conservation Commission Wetlands Protection Act) for water/wastewater/stormwater projects.
- Prepare reports describing the objectives, methods, results and conclusions from field efforts, such as a water quality sampling program, or design activities related to water, wastewater, or stormwater projects.
Senior Project Engineer applicants should be a Registered Professional Engineer. If working towards PE, obtain said within the first year of employment.
Project Engineers must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, working towards Professional Engineer registration. Knowledge of pubic bidding and permitting processes. Excellent communication and writing skills.
Please send resumes to Environmental Partners Group, 1900 Crown Colony Drive, Suite 402, Quincy, MA 02169; firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.